Close to the speed of 430 km/h is the fastest speed of a convertible car can hit, based on a report of GT Spirit magazine.
10. At number 10 we have Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet. This is the newest version of the legend 911 series from the number 1 luxury sports car manufacturer in Germany; Porsche.
It can hit 330/km. Pricing starting at $200400.00.
9. One of the brothers of Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with the same speed (330 km/h). Porsche Carrera GT is standing at number 9 on this list. One of a legend makes people confuse that Porsche is a supercar manufacturer while that only product luxury sports car. Was first introduced in 2004, but it already owned the world selling supercar record two years later before they officially stopped making it.
8. Continue down the list is McLaren Mercedes SLR Roadster. When topless, this car can be as fast as 333 km/h. It inherited advanced technology from many years of Mercedes and their partner McLaren. The SLR sports a 232 kg (511 lb) hand-built 5,439 ccs (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in), supercharged, all-aluminum, SOHC, V8 engine same as the coupe version. It uses AMG SPEEDSHIFT R five-speed automatic transmission with three manual modes. It can hit 0 to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds.
7. Third Porsche on the list, Porsche 918 Spyder can reach 345 km/h, weight 1.685 kg. Not much standing out compare to Ferrari LaFerrari và McLaren P1, but it has a lot of kinematic features as well. Only 918 examples of the Porsche 918 Spyder will build for customer purchase, and at a starting price of $845,000, it will be a very exclusive super sports car.
6. Standing at number 6 on the list is Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster with the maximum speed is 350 km/h. Only 5 of this supercar had been produced. The heart of this car is a V12 engine, 7.3 liters now produces 669bhp. Peak torque of 575lb ft may arrive at 4000rpm, but from 2000rpm, there’s already 516lb ft. With this much power allows Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster goes from 0 to 96 km/h in just only 3 seconds.
5. It’s a big mistake if Top 10 Fastest Convertible Cars list doesn’t include any Lamborghini. At number 5 we have Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster. It still has the V12 engine, 6.5 liters the capacity has been increased to 750 horsepower. The weight is also reduced 50 kg compared to coupe version to 1575 kg. This car can accelerate 0-97km/h in under 3 seconds; maximum speed reached 349 km / h.
4. Next one is McLaren Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss with same features, and the speed limit is 355 km/h.
3. Top 3 starts with a Koenigsegg. GT Spirit didn’t reveal the exact name of the car as well as car detail. But any supercar of Koenigsegg series usually has maximum speed as 350 km/h some of them even reached 400 km/h
2. The King of Speed Bugatti Veyron Grand Sports Vitesse cannot miss in this list. This car is sitting at number 2 on top 10 with maximum speed 408 km/h. Bugatti Veyron Grand Sports Vitesse is equipped with an 8.0-liter turbo-quad W-16 engine; maximum capacity is 1200-hp at 6400 revs/min and 1,500 Nm of torque between 3,000 and 5,000 revs /min. Because of the powerful engine, this car can accelerate 0-100 km/h in 2.4 seconds, reach 200 km/h in 7.1 seconds and 300 km/h in only 16 seconds. These specifications are equivalent to an F1 racing car.
1. Sitting on top of the other nine is Hennessey Venom GT Spyder. The convertible car has only been introduced lately but already holds the record for the world fastest car. The maximum speed reached 430 km/h. In fact, they broke this two years ago but has not been recognized; but this time, Top Gear officially monitored and name Hennessey Venom GT Spyder in the “Golden book” of world car. Expected 3 of this Hennessey Venom GT Spyder will sell $1.7 million each.