Music and entertainment play an integral part while you are travelling by your car. With the help of car stereo you can listen to the music of your choice. Nowadays, not only are the car stereos equipped with music players, but also with a host of other wonderful features.
They have a CD player, an Mp3 player, a Bluetooth device, a radio, hands free, eyes free calling and even GPS navigation. You can avail of all these features in your car with a best double din head units. The question which will now arise in your mind is ‘what is double din’. The stereo head can either be single din or double din. ‘Din’ is an international standard for measurement set by the Deutsches Institut fur Normung which has set two standard sizes for best car head unit.
The single din measures 180 x 50mm and the double din measures 180x100mm. Double din head units open up a host of features which you can avail of in the comfort of your car. A dual din head unit improves the car stereo’s audio system and overall functioning.
Buying a 2 din head unit can get tricky with the wide range of options available today. To ease out your confusion, we have brought for you a comprehensive guide about the best car stereo brand.
TOP 5 BEST DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT
Reviews Of The Top 5 Double Din Head Units
1. Pioneer AVH-X4800BS 7" Motorized DVD Receiver
This new option offered by Pioneer will feature the same customizable functions like the NEX line known to be very powerful, responsive and intuitive as well. It will also include a clear resistive touchscreen that is also a lot brighter.
It also has vibrant colors and also has its increased touched sensitivity. The features would make this one a lot more responsive compared with older resistive touch panels.
Key Features of the Product
DVD/CD receiver with internal amp (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
Built-in Bluetooth for audio streaming and hands-free calling
Supports two phones at one time
6.95 inches motorized touchscreen display
Multi-color illuminations having MIXTRAX visual and audio effects
Siri Eyes Free to those compatible iPhones
Fits double-DIN dash openings
- Easy to understand and smooth interface along with attractive icons.
- It syncs with the contacts on the iPhone via Bluetooth.
- There are customization options like sound stage and time alignment.
- It has the ability to save the setup once the battery was ever disconnected.
- It might not work well with Android.
- Music cuts in and out constantly.
- The Pandora feature might not successfully work.
- It doesn’t have steering control hook-up wire.
2. Pioneer AVHX3800BHS 2-DIN Receiver
This one is indeed capable reflecting the desire of the Pioneer to offer you the ultimate video and audio experience in your car. There is definitely an assurance of awesome display and you can simply tap your smartphone to play music.
You could also tune the sound and this one is indeed the right choice if you want to keep the car’s steering wheel audio controls.
For the key features, there will be Bluetooth for hands-free calling with a compatible phone along with the ability to stream wirelessly and control music from the phone or some other Bluetooth devices.
There is also HD Radio Tuner for you to tune in to numbers of channels right on the same frequency intended for more entertainment choices. And also, an optional satellite radio is a great feature being provided.
- Great interface for iPhone and Android as well.
- The screen resolution and clarity is indeed superb.
- Customizable color schemes and backgrounds matching the color of the lighting scheme.
- The audio is also customizable together with complex and simple equalizers.
- Bluetooth streaming might sometimes pause at the beginning.
- There is no on and off button.
- Limited Bluetooth functionality and hard to navigate.
3. Pioneer AVHX5800BHS 2-DIN Receiver
You can also put the maximum amount of the video real estate in the dash with this unit from Pioneer. The said unit will feature a 6.95 inches of touchscreen being built around the highly customizable NEX user interface of the Pioneer.
There is also a new and clear resistive touchscreen that offers great touch sensitivity as well as colors which really pop intended for an eye catching look in the car.
Aside from that, you could also keep the digital lifestyle on display because of its AppRadio One feature giving you the ability to view as well as control select apps from the iPhone or Android right from the touchscreen having a simple single cable hook-up.
Pioneer indeed has this great ability of letting you make a custom look that will match your dash. This product will let you choose from among the five display colors as well as 112 key panel illumination choices in order for the look to be tailored to the lighting of the car. Great features are definitely rest assured by this unit.
- Two Bluetooth can be connected at the same time.
- Awesome screen.
- It is fast and offer better HD reception.
- Smoother sound and fast operation.
- AppRadio might not locate certain locations only exact address.
- You can’t go back on a track once in shuffle mode.
- Clunky Bluetooth with Android.
4. Jensen VX7020 2 DIN Multimedia Receiver
This Jensen VX7020 2 DIN 6.2-inch touchscreen stereo head is a powerful stereo head system for your vehicle. Having many outstanding and convenient features, this Jensen VX7020 will not harm your pockets either. If you want to unleash your vehicle's full potential and put your smartphone to maximum use, this unit is meant for you.
The Jensen offers you the best navigation and phone integration experiences. Other than Bluetooth, Pandora and USB, this stereo has navigation maps that will make it a lot easier to navigate any street with utmost confidence.
iGO is what this double DIN VX7020 stereo uses for its maps, and it offers 11 million points of interest. Being compatible with Naviextras app, downloading maps with points of interests of different countries is easy.
This stereo head can play CDs and DVDs and be assured that it will not limit your choice of music. The Jensen stereo comes in two models. The VX7020 and the VX7022.
The difference between these two is that the latter offers screen mirroring capabilities, allowing you to cast the contents of your smartphones screen directly on the stereo. Therefore, if mirroring is a preference, you should purchase the VX7022 Jensen stereo.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to make hands-free calls as well as deny or receive calls. Bluetooth is efficient and allows direct connectivity to the phone and playing your media.
- With this stereo you can keep your steering wheels controls by simply configuring the remote commands of the steering wheel from the screen.
- The Jensen VX7020 lacks the HDMI mirroring features.
- Often has the fatal error window on screens whenever you want to use the navigation maps.
- This is because the navigation software of the Jensen VX7020 was not updated to the latest version. To avoid this error, call in experts to help you update the software.
- With this unit, volume can be high when starting the engine.
5. Kenwood DDX372BT Double DIN Bluetooth In-Dash DVD/AM/FM Receiver
Kenwood DDX372BT is one of the hottest selling brands at reliable online shopping stores. Due to stylish look and advanced technology features, this Kenwood double din device earned remarkable popularity in car stereo lover community.
The key features and qualities are what will be discussed in the subsequent bullets points.
Key Features of the Product
Kenwood 372BT car stereo of Kenwood has been includes all the features of an advanced double din device in addition to the under mentioned:
6.2 inches touch screen double din in-dash device fits well in the dashboard and look like a part of the vehicle. The 800 x 480 resolution touch screen LCD shows crystal clear view of controls and status.
The product is compatible with smartphone, iPhone/iPod and android phones to connect via cable/Bluetooth. Control of applications and music stores of these devices is accessible through touch screen Kenwood DDX372BT.
Multilanguage Menu allows the user to select a language for his/her choice for easy control on the functions. This feature is rarely available in car stereos even very few of double din devices include this feature.
- Touch screen with 800 x 480 resolution.
- In-dash design.
- Compatibility with smartphone, iPhone and androids
- Multilanguage menu and tag
- Touch screen control on applications and music stores
- Wireless connectivity (Bluetooth) and cable connectivity.
- Remote control and steering wheel mounted remote control.
- Customers having complaint for radio and DVD receiver issues when using this product.
- Few complaint regarding iPhone connectivity issues have been reported.